family friendly hikes (Utah)

Sunday, January 2, 2011

frozen lake

It was such a glorious day outside on Saturday! It was soo chilly (9 degrees F) but there were blue skies, a bright and shining sun and everything was covered in white. 
 (mountain view from my kitchen)
 I wanted to get the boys out there somehow, so we took a drive to Utah Lake, just down the road from us. We tried to beat the sun, but it had already set on our side of the valley...
 The boys had fun iceskating on the lake... in their boots. It looked exactly like water, with ripples and everything, but if you looked closer, you could see frozen bubbles deep down.
 Ollie loved it...
 the dock


 I couldn't get Elliott off the ice. Next time we'll be sure to wear our snow gear, but we'll be back for sure. Maybe we'll see you there?

 Here's one with the ice fisherman- can there be a more crazy sport?! But seeing them on the ice helped me know it was safe for us too.
A beautiful place at sunset. It's a nice little getaway if you've just got to get out, if you know what I mean. (And I think you do.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...