family friendly hikes (Utah)

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

night sledding

There our  backyard snow sat, clean with no tracks for a good week. I tried to get the boys out, but they would rather be warm inside and play video games. I'll give them that much- it's been freezing cold out. And of course there's the chore of getting everyone's snow gear on... But it turns out, they get a little crazy inside... I get a little crazy inside. So one night I told the boys- (no asking involved) "We're going night sledding in the backyard!"
They were actually excited. Even Linc didn't complain when I put his snow stuff on.
The backyard is a different place at night- especially in the snow.
This was the day of the sparkly snow. It looked fake and was so powdery and shimmery. (Magical!)
We have two nice sledding hills in our backyard- one short, steep one, and a longer less steep one. The boys prefer the steep one.



 We even discovered an ice waterfall. 

 We found an icicle forest hanging from the playhouse. (They were a hit.)

(My big, bulky glove got in the shot.)

 My adventure boys.
That's more like it- played in snow! 

Too bad there were no pics of Elliott and I going down the slide on the sled, or me sledding down the long hill over and over and Elliott jumping on halfway, sometimes landing on my head, sometimes my feet or anywhere in between. My arms and ribs are still sore two days later...

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You guys do the funnest things!! Looks like you had a great time :)

lindsey v said...

My kids have played out in the snow in the dark a few times this winter too. But no sledding. You are so fun to do it with them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...