family friendly hikes (Utah)

Thursday, December 9, 2010

reindeer

We went to visit the reindeer at Thanksgiving Point. The boys were very excited. This is Prancer. The other one is Snowflake. Who's Snowflake? The boys decided she must be an alternate in case one of the others can't pull the sleigh. And they were a little bummed that Rudolph wasn't there.



We even got to pet them and feel their antlers.
Their fur was actually pretty soft.
There were some guys there carving an ice sculpture, so we watched for a while. That's what I love about Thanksgiving Point- always something going on.
The lights in the parking lot were AMAZING too. My boys felt like they went to temple square. We ate our dinner in the T.P. cafe to finish off the night. Or you could just get some hot chocolate to warm up.
If you want to visit the reindeer, they are by the water tower at Thanksgiving Point, and of course, they are free to see!
MONDAY-FRIDAY 6-8 PM, SATURDAY NOON - 8 PM UNTIL CHRISTMAS EVE

2 comments:

Nielson said...

ha! We were there the same night (you'll see on my blog :) ) Must have just missed each other!

ToRi and cReW said...

I just want to say that I LOVE THIS BLOG!!! Please do not stop posting! I may not comment on every one, but I do look and I LOVE IT!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...