family friendly hikes (Utah)

Monday, December 20, 2010

sledding gives you the giggles

The best thing about sledding is it's FREE! And so fun. Forget the kids, I was running up the hills so I could go down over and over. Ha! We have the best hills at the school by our house too.

We've never had snowpants for our babies before, but this year we got them, since we're trying to be more adventurous in the snow... Linc wasn't enthused. His boots are about 8 sizes too big too, and the gloves only lasted 5 minutes.

snow baby
Linc hung out on top of the hill most of the time. It was his first time- he'll get used to it eventually, right? I mean, hopefully he won't laugh cry down the hill every time...

I am so pleasantly surprised by Ollie- he didn't complain at all! We even took turns carrying up the sled, since we went together most of the time.
The only time Linc was happy was when he was shoveling fruit snacks as fast as they could get from his icy cold fingers into his hot mouth. (Actually, his hands were hot because I tightened the wrist straps so his hands were trapped inside. I had to loosen them so he could eat...) Oh yes, you WILL wear gloves.
The art of eating snow. Watch any kid- they'll show you how. (It's a delicate procedure.)
We had a little snowball fight. Linc laughed so hard and Ollie was great to humor him and fall over. He's good to that little Linc.
giant snowball
Not sure what this game is called- but it looks fun. For Elliott.


We had fun. Even Linc although you can't tell from this picture. I think his fun lasted 5 minutes (see fruit snack pic.) We'll be back, snowy hills of yore, we'll be back.

1 comment:

Nielson said...

I love this! I am so excited we finally have snow again! I just hope it lasts. Lincoln's face is priceless--he'll be glad when he's older that you forced him to do this :) Merry Christmas!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...